A good posture, whether it is for standing or sitting will always determine our body functions. It is seen that a person who practices good posture will always be in a good mood, positive, and high in energy levels. One wrong posture can lead to back and neck pain making our life uncomfortable.
Especially people doing office work are always seen with various ailments, all due to bad posture. It has also caused other problems like digestive issues, headaches, etc. To make your posture better and to get rid of any ailments related to postures just call a personal trainer Pasadena. You can get one at YouMove Chiropractic & Fitness. They have experts in treating multiple problems that serve your body’s unique needs.
Our nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves (that exit from the spinal cord and spread throughout our body) are all protected by the spine. This nervous system controls every body function including every organ, muscle, and cell. If you have a bad posture, this will make your spine stressed causing it to alter the body functions. This also alters your nervous system and pressurizes your nerves causing pain.
About Poor Posture
Posture means something related to how we stand or sit. When we have a wrong posture, it lengthens our muscles and compresses others. It is usually seen with a bent back, uneven distribution of weight, and a forward neck.
When we repeat this posture for a longer period of time, our body gets used to it and it becomes difficult to correct it. It also puts a lot of strain on your body.
Causes of Poor Posture
There are different causes of poor posture:
- When you are depressed or have a low esteem
- Some structural changes like injuries, arthritis, muscle imbalances, etc.
- Poor habitual posture when it comes to working on a computer or using a lot of mobile phones with your head down.
Effects of Poor Posture
If you start holding this posture on an everyday basis then this might lead to a variety of issues:
- Low-back pain and sciatica: This is common among people doing office desk jobs. Their posture includes sitting with their hips tilted forward can cause the curvature in the back to increase and a protruding stomach. This causes stress to the lower back and hip joints. Any dysfunction in your lower back can lead to sciatica.
- Dizziness and vertigo: When you have your head leaned forward than your shoulder for a longer time, can lead to dizziness and vertigo
- Digestive issues: When you sit improperly then your digestive organs are compressed making it harder to digest food. This can cause stomach ache or acid reflux
- Headaches: When you are in front of the monitor for a long time then you can have neck pain which can lead to headaches and neck stiffness
- Arthritis: A poor posture can also have a long-term effect on your body like arthritis.
- Soreness and fatigue: A bad posture throughout the day can lead to pain in the neck, head, and shoulders. This can affect your sleep making you feel fatigued.
It is never too late to get your posture to get corrected. Make it a practice to have a correct posture every day.