Are you ashamed of your flabby arms and would love to get them back in shape the right way? The process is pretty simple and hard, depending on how you see it; however, the overall result will be rewarding. Having your muscles tighter requires a few routine exercises done the right way.
You can do them for at least five minutes daily, and we recommend you use 5-8 pound dumbbells. Some of these routines are easier than others so you can alternate weights based on your abilities. After a few sessions, you will have some noticeable changes and may return to the clothes and activities you would normally shy away from. Here is how you can exercise for flabby arms tightening.
Do Push Ups
Push-ups are a basic exercise that many people do to improve their bodies and keep fit. Everyone has attempted this exercise at some point in their lives. Push-ups target numerous muscles in your body, including your abdominals, lower back, and quads, strengthen your pectorals, and, most importantly, it is the proper exercise for flabby arms.
Here are the steps on how to perform a push-up:
- Lie your stomach flat on a solid floor with your face facing down. Keep your legs together and support your feet up with your toes.
- Support the upper part of your body with your palm down on the floor. Ensure that your arms are shoulder-width apart.
- Push your body up with only the strength of your palm until your body is fully extended. Make sure that your body is straight and that you are propping your feet with your toes. This position should be the starting and end position for your push-up.
- Slowly lower your body until your arm is at a 90-degree angle. Then you slowly push your body back up until your arms are fully extended.
- Repeat the process as you slowly inhale and exhale.
Biceps curl exercise
Bicep curls are the most basic exercise for flabby arms and get you back to rocking those sleeveless shirts in no time. Bicep curl exercise target two muscles that control the flexing of your elbows. To do this exercise, you will need a dumbbell that weighs at least three pounds.
Here are steps on how to perform bicep curls:
- Hold the dumbbell in each hand, and make sure your hands are straight down with your shoulders relaxed.
- Part your feet right from the hi and hold your dumbbell tight with your palms facing forward.
- Ensure that your elbows are torching your hip bones, and then slowly lift the weights simultaneously or all at once until they almost touch your chest.
- Then slowly lower the weights back to their original position and maintain the tension in your arms. Make sure not to change your posture as you do the exercise.
Pull-up is a great way to exercise since it targets a wide variety of muscles in your body, including your chest, shoulders, back, abdominals, the lower part of your arms, and biceps. You will need a pull-up stand or an exercise bar to perform this exercise.
Here are steps on how to perform pull-ups:
- Hold your overhead bar with both your hands while facing forward. Ensure your hands spread wider than your shoulders and let your body hang without your feet touching the floor.
- Now raise your body and let your chin go slightly over the bar. Hold your body in that position for a few seconds if possible, then lower your body without extending your body completely. It allows your arms to be engaged in the exercise continuously.
- Once you have completed the step, repeat the raising and lowering of your body repeatedly as much as possible.
Having flabby arms can make one embrace their physical appearance. Luckily there are simple exercises for flabby arms, such as push-ups, arm circles, pull-ups, shoulder presses, and bicep curls, to help you get back in shape. And with the simple steps from the best exercise for flabby arms will get you back in shape in no time.
A shoulder press is a great way to exercise your shoulder and tighten your arm. The exercise for flabby arms mainly uses the strength from your shoulders while engaging your bicep and triceps muscles, making it a great workout for your upper body.
Here are the steps on how to perform a shoulder press:
- Choose the right dumbbell that is at least five pounds in weight.
- You can exercise seated or standing while holding a dumbbell in each arm.
- Lift the weights until they are at the same level as your shoulders. The palm of your hands should be facing away from your face, and your elbows should be lower than your wrists.
- Slowly raise the weights above your head and avoid locking your elbows.
- Try to hold into that position for a few seconds and lower the dumbbells slowly to their original position. Repeat the steps by raising and lowering the weights as much as possible.
Exercise circles with hands.
For beginners, maybe this is probably the most straightforward exercise for flabby arms. It can be done anywhere and anytime. Arm circles focus on the muscles behind your shoulders while focusing on your biceps and triceps.
Here are the steps on how to perform an arm circle:
- Stand straight with your feet and spread your arms straight from your shoulders as if making a plus sign with your body.
- Begin to rotate your arms forward or backward as if making small circles without moving your elbow or wrist.
- After a while, you can add weights to help improve the effectiveness of the exercise on your body. You can use a three-pound weight and rotate it at least 20 times. Once done you can combine it with any other exercise for flabby arms tightening.