Blocked drains are a problem that every household has to face as drains do generally get clogged with time. Apart from lack of awareness on the part of the occupants who really don’t bother about what should be going through the drains and neglected maintenance there can be a number of other reasons behind the blockage and identifying that cause is of preliminary importance for getting the drains cleared. If there are clogged drains in your household calling a professional drain cleaning service is the best thing you can do but there are also some household methods those you can use to get the pipes cleared by some extent and solve the problem temporarily.
Here are a few common ways those can be used with a degree of success for clearing any household Blocked Drain Paddington –
- Vinegar and baking soda: A concoction of 1/3rd cup of vinegar and 1/3rd cup of baking soda is an excellent remedy for common blocks caused by accumulation of grease and fat inside the pipes. The mixture is to be poured down the sink and allowed to sit there over night for best effects. Finally flushing the pipes with hot water can clear the blockage by a large extent.
- Boiling water: This is one of oldest home drain cleaning remedy and as boiling water is poured through the pipes in stages it dissolve a lot of dirt and grease accumulated inside and carries them out of pipes to unblock it. This is also an effective method of maintenance and by doing it at regular intervals the pipes can be saved from getting blocked for a long time.
- Baking soda and salt: If you pour a mixture of half a cup of salt and half a cup of baking soda down the drain pipes and let it settle there for around half an hour before flushing out with boiling water you can clear different types of clogging and this method is extremely useful for clearing blockage in kitchen sink pipes and wash basins.
- Use a plunger: Plungers have been successfully used for clearing household drain blocks for a long time and are also used by most professional Plumber Surry Hills for clearing blocked drains. They equipment are easy to use and are designed for sucking up common types of blockages in household drains. Depending upon the amount and nature of the block you may be required to put in some strength and persistence but you can really expect good results.
- Chemical cleaners: A wide range of chemical drain cleaners for DIY drain cleaning are no available in the market and can offer good temporary solutions. But you need to be careful while using these products for regular use of these strong chemicals can corrode the pipes beyond repair and force upon you expensive replacements.
All the techniques mentioned above are effective to a certain degree but they can offer you only temporary solutions. But the best thing you can do is to hire a professional plumbing and drain cleaning service for long term solution of the problem and then follow it up with the above mentioned maintenance methods for best results.