Advertising is an important component of any business project. For the effective sale of goods or services, a well-thought-out PR strategy is required. One of the important components of the modern advertising business is visualization – the transmission of information through images. Every company needs to create a logo, shoot videos, high-quality product photos, interesting presentation of advertising slogans, etc. Sometimes, sales success can depend on one successful advertising solution. What is the specificity of visualization, and why can’t you do without it in the modern world?
Pictures or text? A little about the peculiarities of human perception.
Techniques of visualization in advertising help convey information and allow the average person to understand very quickly that Visualization due to the following reasons.
- Spatial distribution of elements. The use of diagrams, demonstration of the relationship of individual objects (using arrows, sticks, etc.) which makes it easy to perceive a structure that is difficult to explain in words.
- Optimization of information transfer. There are messages that are difficult to convey in words. Let’s look at an example. It is almost impossible to explain the road in words if there are more than three turns, or to travel without a navigator, so those who want to get to their destination think about how to correctly visualize text information and make a functional map.
- Features of the human brain. By its nature, human perception is more visual. Today there is a theory of the “ancient brain”, which says that two thousand years of civilization are not able to defeat four million of humanity’s struggle for the survival of the species. We have preserved the “ancient brain” (“the reptilian brain”), which is located at the base of the skull and is responsible for the basic survival instincts. This brain does not think at all in words and letters, but only in pictures, which scientists explain that people very quickly and well assimilate information through visualization (printed and oral much longer), that is, we are accustomed to the effective perception of pictures.
Visualization is an important way of conveying information. A striking example is the metaphor – the transfer of abstract qualities through pictures (to show the “sour” taste with the help of drawn prickly wrinkled men, or “speed” in the picture, where the bullet that pierced the glass is in flight when the glass itself is already glued together). The ability to portray abstract concepts requires a lot of imagination and creativity, but in this case, the goal fully justifies the “means”, that is, the effort invested.
It is often assumed that data visualization systems are complex and expensive solutions available only to large companies. This is a delusion: there are services on the market for any task and budget, and everyone can customize a beautiful report.
Typically, marketers use:
- Google Data Studio. Free service with intuitive settings. There are 16 proprietary data sources available, as well as hundreds of partner databases. There are enough functions for calculated indicators for mid-range projects.
- Microsoft Power BI. There is a free and an advanced paid version. Supports files of different formats, CRM systems, databases. There may be problems with Yandex and Google analytics. Little data cleansing and processing capabilities.
- Of the advantages – a relatively simple interface, beautiful graphics, teamwork. Available sources are files, databases, cloud systems. Cons – paid full version from $ 35 per month per user, lack of direct support for advertising platforms and analytics.
- Integrated with some important services (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook). Simple ready-made templates, but few visualizations and you cannot add your own formulas. The full version starts at $ 29 per month. per user.
- Thus, Google Data Studio will work for most. It is free, there are the necessary data sources, and the setup is easy to figure out. Here’s how to get started with it.
Modern technologies make it possible to develop and implement various methods of encrypting text in a picture in order to convey the appropriate message to the addressees and call for action. Some are known earlier; others have spread only recently, but have already become an integral part of human life. discusses techniques of visualization in advertising in more detail.
For the implementation of an advertising campaign, this method is unanimously recognized as the most effective. Man is designed in such a way that it is better to react to moving objects. When there is a transmission of causal relationships, emotions and relationships through dynamics, a person responds to this much faster. The video has few drawbacks, but it is worth noting that a high-quality video file has a fairly large weight, and for its creation it requires some effort and the involvement of qualified specialists. Before doing visualization through videos, you need to weigh the pros and cons, as well as carefully prepare the script
Over the past few years, photography has gained an unprecedented scale due to the emergence of high-quality technology. Not a single information resource of a company or institution is complete without a competent selection of photographs, and on the site not a single article will have any weight without the presence of an image. However, the fact remains that reality is displayed on the photographs, and for an effective image of the advertisement, you need to work to turn reality into a “message” addressed to the target audience, for example, to superimpose certain graphics on the image.
Quite a popular type of visualization. Unlike photographs, the author’s imagination is possible, because the artist can draw anything, both on paper and using a computer. For example, brand visualization is always a designer’s author’s project. Drawings drawn by hand with a brush or pencils are especially popular, because you can read the emotions of the author in them.
- QR code:
A technology that allows you to scan a matrix barcode of photos using a smartphone. This makes it possible to work with Internet resources, applications, and other necessary information.
- Live Portrait:
In 2017, a novelty of creative advertising came to the market, which allows uploading a corresponding video to a smartphone using a special application on a smartphone. Having received a business card, you can see a video with the participation of its owner using your gadget. The only question is a high-quality Internet connection or a stable smartphone.
When building an advertising strategy, you should not rely solely on technological innovations. A fashionable invention is always “cool”, but everything must be tested by time and meet the criteria of efficiency. Sometimes it’s more convenient that the company’s website consists of five letters that are easy to remember and enter in the search bar than “get” to it through multifunctional applications.
Visualization is needed not only by large market players. It is needed by everyone who wants to understand what their money is spent on – from startups to network brands. It doesn’t matter how many advertising channels you use. The visualization service will present their statistics in a form that is understandable for both specialists and management.