Average adults pass gas between thirteen and twenty times per day. It is a normal part of the digestive functions. However, if the gas builds up in the intestine and you cannot expel it, you may start feeling uncomfortable. Bloating gas pain and flatus can increase by things that cause constipation or diarrhea.
There are many reasons for gas:
- Smoking cigarettes
- Swallowing fast when you eat or drink
- Eating certain food items
You have to get in touch with your doctor in case your gas symptoms
- Change suddenly
- Causes you distress
- It is accompanied by diarrhea, constipation, or weight loss
The doctor will help in determining the underlying cause. Hence, get in touch with a medical practitioner as fast as possible.
Arash Hadipour Niktarash gives readers ways of getting rid of gas
Gas is an effect of what you consume. The food left behind gets fermented in the colon with fungi, bacteria, and yeast. The process produces hydrogen and methane, which deport as flatus.
For most individuals, altering dietary habits alleviates gas. A helpful way of determining which food item contributes to your gas build-up is by maintaining a food diary. According to Arash Hadipour Niktarash, widespread culprits may include the following
- Foods with high-fat content
- High fiber food
- Spicy or fried food
- Carbonated beverages
- Lentils and beans
- Prune juice or prunes
- Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
- Over the counter fiber supplements and drinks
- It includes onions and garlic, which are hard to digest
The tips provided by experts for reducing gas and its accompanying symptoms are as follows
- Studies reveal that peppermint supplement or tea reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, like gas. You may talk to your doctor before initiating the supplement use.
- Chamomile tea helps in reducing indigestion, bloating, and trapped gas. Consuming chamomile tea at bedtime and before meals reduces symptoms of gas.
- Simethicone is a drug store medicine. It works by consolidating the gas bubbles in the stomach. It thereby allows you to expel the gas from the system.
Apart from this, activated charcoal and apple cider vinegar are active players in reducing gas build-up. Physical activity, intake of cloves, and lactase supplements are other crucial agents. Apart from this, you have to avoid smoking, chewing gum, food items that cause gas, and drinking through straws. All this will help you to stay fit.
In addition to this, you must be aware of the conditions which cause pains, gas, and bloating. It includes diabetes, lactose intolerance, peptic ulcer, gastroenteritis, Irritable bowel syndrome, and Crohn’s disease. You may arrange for an appointment with your medical practitioner if your diet and lifestyle changes do not help you deal with the problem. They will run examinations to diagnose the symptoms and the causes behind them. As such, a healthy diet is a key to physical fitness.